NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1968 DEBUT ALBUM BY PROCOL HARUM
WITH 15 BONUS TRACKS (7 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED & 2 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)
INCLUDES PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BBC SESSIONS FROM 1967
REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES
FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES BY HENRY SCOTT-IRVINE
Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1968 self-titled debut album by PROCOL HARUM. Released in January 1968, the record followed on from the huge international success of the band’s debut single “A Whiter Shade of Pale” and the follow up single “Homburg”.
One of the finest releases of the era “Procol Harum” captured the exquisite song writing of Gary Brooker and Keith Reid and the excellence of the musicians in the group, namely Gary Brooker (voice, piano), Robin Trower (lead guitar), David Knights (bass guitar), B.J. Wilson (drums) and Matthew Fisher (Hammond organ). The overall result was a collection of songs that would prove to be truly ground breaking, despite only having being released in Mono at the insistence of producer Denny Cordell.
Newly re-mastered from the original tapes, this Deluxe edition of “Procol Harum” has been expanded to include 27 bonus tracks (8 previously unreleased) over two CDs, including the classic singles “A Whiter Shade of Pale”, “Homburg”, along with rare B-sides, alternate session takes and stereo mixes and seven previously unreleased BBC Radio sessions from June and September 1967.
This expanded deluxe edition of “Procol Harum” also includes a lavishly illustrated booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and features a new essay by Procol Harum biographer Henry Scott-Irvine, along with a facsimile promotional shop poster for the release of the album in January 1968.
1. CONQUISTADOR2. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE3. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME4. MABEL5. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF)6. A CHRISTMAS CAMEL7. KALEIDOSCOPE8. SALAD DAYS (ARE HERE AGAIN)9. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK10. REPENT WALPURGIS
11. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE12. LIME STREET BLUES
A & B SIDES OF SINGLE
13. HOMBURG14. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK (SINGLE VERSION)
A & B SIDES OF SINGLE
15. ALPHA16. SALAD DAYS (ARE HERE AGAIN) – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 29th MARCH 1967
17. UNDERSTANDABLY BLUE
RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 17th JULY 1967
18. PANDORA’S BOX (INSTRUMENTAL)
RECORDED AT ADVISION STUDIOS, LONDON - 24TH AUGUST 1967
19. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF) (ALTERNATE MONO MIX)20. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME (ALTERNATE MONO MIX)
1. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE (EXTENDED EARLY VERSION)RECORDED AT OLYMPIC STUDIOS, LONDON – 29TH MARCH 1967
2. HOMBURG (EXTENDED STEREO VERSION)3. REPENT WALPURGIS (EXTENDED STEREO VERSION)
RECORDED AT ADVISION STUDIOS, LONDON - AUGUST 1967
4. CONQUISTADOR (1971 STEREO MIX)5. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE (1971 STEREO MIX)6. SOMETHING FOLLOWING ME (STEREO MIX)7. MABEL (UNDUBBED STEREO MIX)8. KALEIDOSCOPE (STEREO MIX)9. CERDES (OUTSIDE THE GATES OF) (STEREO MIX)10. HOMBURG (1971 STEREO MIX)11. MORNING DEW12. A WHITER SHADE OF PALE13. MABEL
“EASYBEAT” SESSION14th JUNE 1967 BBC LIGHT PROGRAMME PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
14. HOMBURG15. GOOD CAPTAIN CLACK16. SHE WANDERED THROUGH THE GARDEN FENCE17. KALEIDOSCOPE
“TOP GEAR” SESSION 27th SEPTEMBER 1967 BBC RADIO ONE PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED