As Giles Martin (Producer) explains:
“A few years ago Capitol Studios called saying they’d discovered some Hollywood Bowl three track tapes in their archive. We transferred them and noticed an improvement over the tapes we’ve kept in the London archive. Alongside this I’d been working for some time with a team headed by technical engineer James Clarke on demix technology, the ability to remove and separate sounds from a single track.
With Sam Okell, I started work on remixing the Hollywood Bowl tapes. Technology has moved on since my father worked on the material all those years ago. Now there’s improved clarity, and so the immediacy and visceral excitement can be heard like never before. What we hear now is the raw energy of four lads playing together to a crowd that loved them. This is the closest you can get to being at the Hollywood Bowl at the height of Beatlemania. We hope you enjoy the show…”
Added to the original running order are four previously unreleased bonus tracks: You Can’t Do That and I Wanna Hold Your Hand (both from 23 August, 1964) and Everybody’s Trying To Be My Babyand Baby’s in Black (both from 30 August, 1965).
The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl will include a 24-page booklet with an essay by music journalist David Fricke, and will be issued on CD on 9 September and as a gatefold double vinyl LP on 18 November 2016.
- Twist and Shout [30 August, 1965]
- She’s A Woman [30 August, 1965]
- Dizzy Miss Lizzy [30 August, 1965 / 29 August, 1965 – one edit]
- Ticket To Ride [29 August, 1965]
- Can’t Buy Me Love [30 August, 1965]
- Things We Said Today [23 August, 1964]
- Roll Over Beethoven [23 August, 1964]
- Boys [23 August, 1964]
- A Hard Day’s Night [30 August, 1965]
- Help! [29 August, 1965]
- All My Loving [23 August, 1964]
- She Loves You [23 August, 1964]
- Long Tall Sally [23 August, 1964]
- You Can’t Do That [23 August, 1964 – previously unreleased]
- I Want To Hold Your Hand [23 August, 1964 – previously unreleased]
- Everybody’s Trying To Be My Baby [30 August, 1965 – previously unreleased]
- Baby’s In Black [30 August, 1965 – previously unreleased]