· ‘The Wanting’ is Glenn’s first album for Thrill Jockey (and fourth album overall) and follows the instantly sold out ‘Even To Win Is To Fail’ LP (a split with The Black Twig Pickers released for Record Store Day 2011).
· Glenn Jones is a leading talent in the so-called modern “American Primitive” school of acoustic steel string guitarists, a school that includes the late great John Fahey, Robbie Basho and Jack Rose – all of whom were friends and collaborators of Glenn’s.
· ‘The Wanting’ is a collection of original compositions for solo acoustic steel string guitar, six-string, 10- string and bottleneck, and 5-string open-back banjo
· CD version comes in a 4 panel mini-LP style gatefold package and includes a 4 page booklet with notes on each song.
· 2xLP version comes in a gatefold jacket and includes a free download coupon.
· First vinyl pressing is limited to only 1,000 copies.
· Glenn will continue to perform live in support of the album - his solo performances always captivating those lucky enough to witness.
· The album’s 17+ minute closing track features Glenn joined by master percussionist Chris Corsano.
A Snapshot Of Mom, Scotland, 1957
The Great Pacific Northwest
The Great Swamp Way Rout
Anchor Chain Blues (2)
Even To Win Is To Fail (2)
My Charlotte Blue Notebook
Menotomy River Blues
Of Its Own Kind
Twenty-three Years In Happy Valley, Or Love Among The Chickenshit
The Orca Grande Cement Factory At Victorville