On September 8, 1965, when producers Bob Rafelson and Bert Schneider placed a classified ad in The Hollywood Reporter seeking "4 insane boys," they had no idea that they were about to unleash Monkee-mania! But that's exactly what happened the following year when the first episode of "The Monkees" debuted on NBC on September 12, 1966.
On the 50th anniversary of that fateful casting call, Rhino is excited to announce the upcoming release of the entire series (58 episodes) in stunning high-definition Blu-ray for the very first time, painstakingly restored from the newly located original film negatives. The 10-disc Blu-ray collection with also include the 1968 cult-classic "HEAD," along with many never-before-seen outtakes from the film. It's the beginning of many surprises planned to celebrate The Monkees' 50th anniversary in 2016.
- 10 Blu-ray discs
- 58 episodes
- Newly remastered in stunning HD from the original negatives for the very first time, plus the 1969 TV Special "33 1/3 Revolutions Per Monkee"
- The 1968 Monkees film "HEAD" in HD with never-before-seen outtakes
- Also includes bonus material, commentaries from all four Monkees, original Kellogg's Monkees commercials and more
- This fan-only edition includes exclusive packaging and a 7" featuring two previously unreleased TV mixes
- Strictly limited to 10,000 individually numbered sets
- Shipping January 2016
- Region free Blu-ray